- Blade Steel Type: High Carbon Stainless Steel
- Easy Sharpening = Best for Junior Chefs
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
Higashi Issey Usuba | Vegetable
Higashi Issey are the best entry level Japanese designed for those Junior Chefs who are stepping into discovering Japanese blades.
High carbon steel and soft iron have been forged together to make the shapening easy and smooth.
- Never wash in the dishwasher.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting. Vegetable oil is recommended for wiping carbon knives to keep moisture off.
- Do not attempt to cut through bones with traditional Japanese knives, unless it is a butchering knife.
- Use only sharpening stones for traditional Japanese knives (Shapstone recommended).
- Many of Japanese knives have thinner and more delicate blades than European knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines will result in chipping.